Using the Proper Fitting Technique
Posted on September 29 2015
If you know the size bra you need to be wearing, you have already won half the battle, Unfortunately, far too many women, especially those who have to wear plus sized bras and underwear, forget that the way you put on and fit the bra can be just as important. With that in mind, here are the things to remember about fitting a bra:
- Hook the bra around the waist, then lift up the front only, as high as it will go, without pulling it over your breasts yet. You want the front of the bra to be nice and snug under your breasts. This helps it fit snug and offer the support you need.
Lean forward and begin gently pushing the soft tissue of your breast forward. Start at the armpits, and push slowly and gently into the cup as you lift it over your breasts. Once the front of the bra is up over your breasts, grasp the front of the bra and gently shake a few times to help settle everything into place and even out naturally.
- Know how the proper hight on your chest that your breasts should set when the bra is on. When a fitted bra is properly worn, the apex of your breasts needs to fall about halfway between your elbow and your shoulder. Bigger breasts on plus sized girls tend to be harder to support so they tend to fall lower on the chest.
- When you go to adjust the clasps of the bra, make sure you don’t over tighten them. Doing so will cause the bra to dig in, be uncomfortable, and shift too much throughout the day. This can affect your mood and posture so it best to not go with the tightest setting unless it truly is the most comfortable way for you to wear your plus sized bra.
- Remember that your bra size changes with time. As you age and mature and change so do your breasts and the bra size you need. You need to re-check your bra size:
- if you gain or lose 10 pounds or more
- if you experience major hormone changes such as pregnancy
- if it has been more than a few years since your last size check
- if you have a major change in work or lifestyle that can bring on stress
Follow these tips and get your plus sized bras, lingerie, and underwear at My Bra Outlet and you will be well on your way to finding the perfect bra that looks and feels great!